"Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there" - Laut bukan tempat sampah!

11/13/16

Easy Ride to Garuda Wisnu Kencana

Few days ago I had a short trip to Bali. Even it was a short trip, I used it to visit a place that I would like to see much but I never had a change to go there everytime I went to Bali. It was Garuda Wisnu Kencana.

Yeup.. it was a simple thing but It became big if you want it so bad :p
I by myself never understood why I always fail to visit this place (back in the past-). That is why when I had a change, I did it with no doubt, alone by myself.. ^^

Is it possible to visit Garuda Wisnu Kencana alone?
Yes, of course!
In a chep and easy way?
Yes, absolutely!
How? ^^
I will tell you how.. ^^

Online Transportation

It was about 10.30 am when I stood in front of a Padang restaurant at Seminyak, Bali, (3/11). I was waiting for a driver who will drive me to Garuda Wisnu Kencana (GWK) Cultural Art.

I used G*jek to visit Garuda Wisnu Kencana. What? is it possible using online transportation to visit Garuda Wisnu Kencana? Yes, of course!

Only paid IDR 27K from Seminyak to Garuda Wisnu Kencana by using G*jek. I got 50% discount for paying by G*pay.. It should be IDR 52K, cheap? hell yeah.. ^^

You can find G*jek app at Google store and download it. This online transportation is trully help my day in Bali. Because in Bali, public transportations are rare to find. You need to rent motorbike or car to visit places.


And because I can't ride a motorbike (which is so ashamed :p) I was not afford to rent a car, because it is too expensive (specially when you go alone). See why I said this online transportation has really helped my day? ^^

note: This is not advetorial page or commercial page. I just wanna show you the easy and cheap way to reach places in Bali.. ^^

It needs almost 1 hour to arrive at Garuda Wisnu Kencana, there was a little bit missunderstanding between me and the driver. He thought I want to go to Garuda Wisnu Kencana office which is near Uluwatu.. :p

Around 11 am I finally arrived at Garuda Wisnu Kencana.
Before came in, I must buy an entrance ticket, costs IDR 70K /person for Indonesian, and 100K/ person for foreigner /person.

Ticket entrance

After paid a ticket, I walked up to find a main gate. It was a little bit confused at first, because the place is so big and there was no mark to show where was the main gate. I just followed the people.

You can see the ocean from GWK

Climb up

The path to reach the main gate is uphill. And when I arrived there, I need to climb up again to get closer to the gate where Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue is. Totally, there were 2 gates that I must pass.

Main gate to GWK

(above) The park where amphitheater is. (below) inside gate to enter GWK 

Those two gates separate two areas in Garuda Wisnu Kencana.
First area is a place that belongs to the park, shopping area, food court, and amphitheater.
Second area is a place where Garuda Cinema, Garuda Wisnu Kencana, and Wisnu statue are.

Snake at the stairs

Green park

When you enter this place (where the statues belong), you must dress polite. Because this place is a holy place. Do not use short pants/short skirts. If you used it, you must wear a fabric to cover it. Some ladies in this place will borrow you the fabric.

To see Wisnu statue, I must climb up the stairs again.. and again.. too much stairs in this place (T_T) *exhausted..
I don't recomend this place to visit by old people, because there is too much stairs and too much climb up..

Wisnu 

Wisnu statue

Gladly, after climbing so many stairs, I arrived at Wisnu Statue place.. ^^
According to texts at the bottom of the statue,  Lord Wisnu/Vishnu, one of the manifestations of the supreme God, is the God of preservation and is symbolized as a source of wisdom and a guardian of beings.

Jump!

Lord Vishnu is the custodian of Tirta Amrita (water) which is a source of fertility that gives wealth and life to the universe. Overal material of Lord Vishnu statue is made of copper and brass.

Parahyangan Somaka Giri (holly water)

Next to Wisnu statue, there is Parahyangan Somaka Giri (holly water).
The local residents believe that the water from these springs have magical powers to cure various diseases and as such is also used in rituals to seek rain during dry spells. The springs located at the top of the hill has sacred value for the locals who believe it to be holy water.

To come into Parahyangan Somaka Giri, ladies who are menstruating are not allowed to enter the holy area, and proper attire is a must to enter the holy area.

Garuda Wisnu Kencana

Behind Wisnu statue, there was a field where Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue was.
If you see this picture (below), at the right side of Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue, there was a building that hasn't finished yet. It will be the real place for Wisnu and Garuda Wisnu Kencana statues.

The places where Wisnu and Garuda Wisnu Kencana put now, are just temporary.
That building will be the real place. It is named Wisnu Plaza.
Wisnu Plaza will have total height 23 meter, where statue of Wisnu will be put at the top of Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue.

Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue and Wisnu Plaza

look up

For more information about the history of Garuda Wisnu Kencana, you can visit their website at www. gwkbali.com

Beautiful scene in front of Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue

GWK from down stairs

This field sometimes used as a concert place

Property: umbrella ^^

Me so small..

Statues the end of the field

The walls..

Photo shoot.. ^^

After visiting the whole place of Garuda Wisnu Kencana area, I went back to the park where ampitheater was. Before leaving, an officer at the exit gate mark my hand with black ink. This mark will help me to come in and out GWK area without showing the ticket again.

At amphitheater there was a dance show that I like to see and it is free.

Daily live performance at GWK amphitheater

Around 40 minutes the show was played. After the show, we can take pictures together with the dancers at the stage.

The show of Garuda Wisnu dance

And then I heard announce that an animation movie about Garuda Wisnu Kencana will be held at Garuda Cinema. Because of Garuda Cinema located inside the gate, I needed to come inside again. But I didn't need to show my entrace ticket, just show the mark on my hand.

Schedule of the movie

This movie is very good to see, specially for kids. It is an animation movie, made by Indonesian. It shows about history of a little boy (Garuda). He live in a village with his mother. And because of his kindness, he became Lord Wisnu's ride and help the world from anything who wants to destroy it.

Almost 15.30 am when I leaved this place.
O ya, for moslems, this place provide a small musholla for praying. So, don't worry.. ;)

After praying, I went back down to parking lot, waiting for G*jek driver.
Yeup.. I used online transportation again to go back hehe.. :)
Only IDR 19K to Kuta beach from Garuda Wisnu Kencana. Cheap? hell yeahhh.. ^^

So.. there is no reason to say that it is hard to visit GWK by public transportation.. ;)
Happy travelling... :*



Salam

Ifa Abdoel

No comments:

Post a Comment